Sometimes, sending an email takes too long, especially if you’re on the road and are writing using your smartphone or tablet.
An efficient solution is to record your message as an audio file and to send that file as an email (or even SMS).
There’s 2 ways we recommend doing this.
- ‘Voice Memos’ is a free app built into all iPhones that can record your dictations and then share the file by SMS or Email.
- A more advanced iPhone app is called Dictamus (Currently $16.99 but there’s a free version too if you’d like to test it). Dictamus has some fantastic features such as the ability to speed up your dictations playback and to share with FTP servers, Dropbox and online transcription services.
Although we’re only testing Dictamus at the moment, our intention is to dictate article descriptions to provide to our writer. We’ll use Dictamus to upload the file into a shared DropBox folder and the writer can listen to the file and make his own notes before he gets started.
- LucidChart – Fantastic Online Service for DiagrammingBy Martin Pavion on June 25, 2014
- How to Integrate Authorize.net with Xero AccountingBy Martin Pavion on March 10, 2014
- Give Every Team Member Their Own Email Address for WorkBy Martin Pavion on May 8, 2013